Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA) can result in a variety of personal injures, ranging from something as minor as a sprained ankle to more serious injuries such as whiplash or a herniated disc. Being involved in a motor vehicle accident can also be a stressful time, but it doesn’t have to be. We’re here to help!
Here ProMotion Health Care in Barrie, our award-winning, multi-disciplinary team is comprised of Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, a Massage Therapist, Acupuncturist, Naturopath, and an Occupational Therapist, all experts in pain management and physical rehabilitation.
Steps To Take After A Motor Vehicle Accident
- Seek immediate medical attention if needed
- Notify your insurance provider to file an accident claim
- An adjuster from your insurance provider will recommend treatment options
- Call to schedule an appointment at our clinic in Barrie, and provide us with your contact information and the insurance company’s contact information, policy number, claim number, and your adjuster’s number.
During your appointment, our rehabilitation specialist will perform a head to toe examination to determine the extent of your injuries in order to decide which therapeutic modality or modalities will be most effective in treating your condition.
A care plan will then be developed based on our initial findings. You will receive ongoing treatment for a minimum of 3 months, longer with approval from your insurance company if the issue hasn’t been resolved.
Common MVA Injuries
Whiplash is the most common injury sustained from motor vehicle accidents. Each year it is experienced by more than one million people who have been involved in an auto accident, and 10% of these cases lead to long-term disability.
Whiplash occurs when there is a sudden and rapid, forceful back and forth movement of the neck which is created on impact during an MVA. This sudden force can cause severe damage and strain to the muscles, ligaments, joints, and discs of the neck, causing pain and stiffness.
Common MVA injuries treated at our clinic in Barrie include:
- Stretched or torn tendons, ligaments, and muscles along the shoulders and neck
- Herniated discs
- Stretched or torn tendons, ligaments, and muscles along the spine
- Torn meniscus
- ACL, PCL, and MCL ligament tears
- Sprains and strains to ligaments and joints
Benefits of Treatment At ProMotion Health Care
BOOK YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
10:00 – 17:00
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 – 19:00
12:00 – 16:00