Chiropractic Care in Barrie: Can a Chiropractor Treat Sciatic Pain?
The largest nerve in your body, the sciatic nerve begins in the lower back and extends through the buttocks, and down the back of the leg. Sciatic pain can strike anywhere along this pathway, but sciatica most commonly begins in the lower back and concludes at the back of the thigh.
Sciatica may be chronic or acute, and the pain can range from a mild ache to unbearable, and radiate across the entire nerve. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, contact Pro Motion Health Care in Barrie for a free consultation.
Signs and Symptoms of Sciatica include:
- Pain on one side of the lower back, that radiates down the buttock, to the back of the thigh
- Pain is exacerbated by sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Numbness, tingling, or muscle weakness in one leg
- Shooting pain down the leg upon standing
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica in Barrie Ontario
Chiropractors are highly skilled and specially trained in treating a multitude of musculoskeletal issues, including sciatica. The goal of chiropractic care is to enable to body to heal itself without the use of medication or surgical intervention.
Chiropractic is used for sciatica to alleviate pain, increase mobility, reduce inflammation, and promote healing. At Pro Motion Health Care in Barrie, we have used a variety of chiropractic treatments to alleviate pain and discomfort from sciatica including:
- Spinal Adjustment: Alleviates pain by realigning the spinal column, reducing the amount of pressure placed on the spine.
- TENS Unit: Varying degrees of electrical current are used to stimulate nerves, and increase endorphins, which in turn relaxes muscles, and reduces pain.
- Ultrasound: High-frequency sound waves are used to penetrate deep into soft tissues, increasing mobility, and reducing pain and swelling.
Tired of living with the pain and discomfort of sciatica? Looking for a cost-effective, non-invasive treatment option? Schedule a consultation with our award-winning chiropractor in Barrie today!